Stone Foundries Ltd
Show Phone Number


Stone Foundries can trace its origins back to 1830 when founder, Josiah Stone, set up his business on the Thames in south-east London to cast copper nails for the shipbuilding industry nearby in Greenwich. The product range expanded to include rivets and other engineering supplies. These products were displayed at the International Exhibition in London in 1862 (link to picture). The marine theme continued in later years as the company became a specialist in casting large copper propellers. As the aerospace industry developed during the early 1900’s, the focus of the business moved towards aluminium and magnesium light alloy castings to supply the needs of this rapidly growing industry. In 1939, a new plant was established in Charlton, south-east London, close to the Thames Barrier, and this plant continues to produce aerospace castings today. In 1982, Stone Foundries was acquired by Langham Industries, a privately owned group with global business interests in the maritime, aerospace and other engineering industries.

Stone Foundries Limited, Woolwich Road